Saturday, November 5, 2011

Encrusted Crazy Quilting


Yes, twice in one day.
I am taking another class from Sharon B. Wow! What an amazing woman and talent she is! The course is wonderful, the notes are so well thought out and detailed. I am so glad I took the course!

This is Sharon's web site for the class, Encrusted Crazy Quilting. (click on the words to the left!)
I admit that crazy quilting was not something I was ever too fond of. Just never appealed to me. What I fell in love with though, when I took Sharon's Sumptuous Surfaces Course, is the stitching. Oh my...... I could do that forever! That is what encouraged me to take the Crazy Quilting course, the stitching. And now that I have put my first block together, I just love the whole process tho I have really just begun (tho if I had to do it again, I would not have used the colours I did for my first block).

There is a saying that goes "When the going gets tough, the weak eat!" I expect to gain alot of weight in this class! So many new stitches to learn. So many ways to embellish, add ribbon, add buttons and decorations. But, I can't explain the overwhelming emotion that comes from digging deep into your soul and finding imagination and inspiration that moves you to put certain colours and threads and ribbons and buttons on a piece of fabric that becomes a beautiful piece of art. What an amazing process. Again, I am finding this to be an excellent class!

I am going to attach a photo of what I have done so far. Keep in mind that I am about 4 weeks behind (surgery and cottage trip) and am a total newby to this art. You can click on Sharon's link above to see how Encrusted Crazy Quilting is REALLY done! Her work is beautiful!
In case you are interested, Sharon has another place where she details various embroidery stitches. (again, click on the words on the left)
I have a long way to go to finish this piece but it is so much fun to work on it!
Enjoy your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment