Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lavender on Vacation

Howdy!
Just stopped in to say "hay!". 
Have been busy with my Mom.  She has more spunk and energy than I think I ever did!  I'm having a hard time keeping up to her with her walker even tho she is almost 88 and I am a young but geezerly "almost 59".

A short while ago I saw in a Nova Scotia tour book that there was a lavender farm a couple of hours away from the cottage we usually stay at.  Unfortunately, its just a little too far away.  It is called Seafoam Lavender Farm.  It looks like a wonderful place to spend some time at.

In the meantime, I found out there is a Lavender Farm on PEI.  It is quite charmingly called  "The Five Sisters of Lavender Lane". 

It may not be as large of an operation as the Seafoam Farm, but they have a lovely assortment of Lavender teas, Splashes, linen sprays, scents, sachets, soaps and jelly's and a few other things I can't remember!   Their little store is lovely as you can see:
The farm is situated at the top of the hill and has about 3 or 4 plots of lavender plants.  This is one of the plots.

 And a view of another plot:


My Mom is the one with the walker and the shop is the white building to the right.
Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am.... 

Talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment