Thursday, February 16, 2012

TAST week 3, 4, 5 and Music


Howdy!
It's been a very busy few days and where does time go?!
I was able to get 3 more stitches done in Take a Stitch Tuesday. The Feather Stitch, the Herringbone and the Cretan Stitches. Don't ask me why but I had a heck of a time with the Cretan stitch which means I need to practice that one more obviously.

The Feather Stitch:
The Herringbone Stitch:

The Cretan Stitch:


And then I read Sharon's notes on Tuesday that accompanied this weeks "Week 7" stitch. And please don't quote me, but she said that we needed to practice using our stitches more to make a scene or design rather than just making the stitch in the traditional manner. Now that was directed to more experienced stitchers but, I felt I need to expand my horizons, so I gave it a try.

I wasn't sure what to do, but came across one of my older photos of the lighthouse at Cabot Provincial Park on PEI. If you have ever watched Emily of New Moon, alot of the outdoor shots were filmed at this park.

I also came across this photo of Cape Turner at the Cavendish National Park. And not knowing which to do, I decided to combine the two.
I came up with the following scene, entirely done using the Fly Stitch.

A close up photo.


If you are looking for some great tunes for your iPod, check out the "White Stones" album by "Secret Garden". "First day of Spring", and "Passacaglia" are my faves. Their "Winter Poem" album is sounding pretty good too!

My all time favorite piece of music is Pachelbel's Canon. I was lucky to find a CD that plays it wonderfully and unfortunately, I can't find it in iTunes so you can have a listen. The albums there just don't do it justice.

But my tastes vary. What am I listening to on my iPod? "Tighten Up" by the Black Keys; "Price Tag" by Jessie J; "Never Stop" by Gonzales; "When we Stand Together" by Nickelback; "Someone Like You" by Adele; "Holy Water" by Big and Rich; "Firework" by Katy Perry; "The Long Goodbye" by Brooks & Dunn; "Nessun Dorma" by Luciano Pavarotti and Toby Keith to name a few.

I like his Toby's older music a little better than his newer stuff but was lucky to meet him in Nashville almost 14 years ago.


Have a super day!
TTYL!


No comments:

Post a Comment