Thursday, June 10, 2010

No Time for Stitching or Quilting

Hello!
As usual, its been a while. We've had a very cool and rainy spring, but even so, I still had to get out and clean out my many gardens. There has been little time for stitching or quilting. I thought I would show the results of my labours. For some people, who need to use more than one tape measure, I am giving measurements in both feet and meters.
This is our front garden, about 15 + feet or over 4 1/2 meters wide. There are still tulips blooming in the garden, so our spring is quite late this year.
This next garden is under the kitchen window (and solar heater). It is "L" shaped and probably about 16 + feet in total, or almost 5 meters.
This next garden is also "L" shaped and at the west side of the house. Each side is probably 15 + feet or over 4 meters long. I have most of my lilies in this garden as well as some beautiful fuschia coloured peonies, poppies and lupins which will be blooming soon.

This is my back garden. It is "U" shaped so in total, it is about 40 feet of flower beds, or 12 meters. I have morning glory growing up the poles in the centre and there is a fire pit for evening teas by the fire.


The final garden is the vegetable garden. Probably because of all the rain we've had, its an excellent year for rhubarb and we have tons of it, as you can see. We've planted beets, carrots, tomatoes and green pole beans. This garden is about 15 X 30 feet or 4 1/2 X 9 meters.


As you can see, the photos have been taken in between rain on a cloudy day. Today, we are enjoying our second day or sunshine, with no rain, for the first time in over a month! So what am I doing inside on the computer instead of outside???

Hopefully, I will have something a little more interesting to show soon... (Yeah, i've said that before!)...

Take care and talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who you're looking at when you mention this thing about conversion..... lol
    Your gardens are BEAUTIFUL but what interest me the most is the veggie one, plants I can eat are my favourite..

    How about a bit of sewing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. or.... how about another post! I think four months gardening is enough gardening for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete